Subscribe for More Articles Like These! Subscribe Now
In regard to your website visitors, The ToFu (Top of the Funnel) visitors are the bulk of the visitors coming to your webite on a daily basis. They are in the top of the buying cycle, this visitor knows there is a problem that needs to be solved (and found you). Now your job is to turn them into a potential lead. The easiest way to do this is to give them some low-risk content and request some of their information. Typically the First Name, Last Name, Company (if applicable), email address are common fields of information we reccomend asking for.
Here's 6 Ideas for Great ToFu Offers:
- Free Whitepapers: Provide Useful content that the consumer will want in the beginning stages of the sales/buying cycle.
- Free Tip Sheets or Guides: Provide information that your prospects need to pay attention to when purchasing. For Instance, a building contractor may provide a Tip Sheet titled: "9 way to make sure you're hiring a licensed contractor"
- Free eBooks: eBooks are very similar to whitepapers, typically they're a little more extensive, you can find eBooks from 7-50 pages depending on the content. Some Examples topics might be: "How to Leverage Social Media for Business" or "5 Steps to a Successful Web Design"
- Free Checklists: Checklists are a great way to streamline and inform your prospect of your process prior to them onboarding as a client. For Instance: A Sign Company can provide a checklist to explain the process of applying for a sign permit. By providing the checklist, prospects will be seeking that information prior to them needing a sign in most cases. This can be a great point to reach out to the lead.
- Free Videos: Its apparent how much video has integrated itself into internet marketing. While you can hire a professional video production company, with the latest mobile devices creating a video is easier than ever. Make sure you're sharing relevant information.
- Free Kits (a combination of the above information): If you have some content that isn't converting visitors by itself, try combining it and making a kit. See if your conversion rates improve.
Remington is the Lead Designer and Marketing Strategist for Impulse Creative, An Internet Marketing Agency in Fort Myers, Florida. You can connect with him using the following social networks: Google+, Twitter, Linked In & Facebook